Nothing says summer like a great-looking pedicure, and knowing what to do to keep your pedicure looking its best helps you save money and time during the busy summer season. Here are a few tips to help you get the most form your pedicure this summer:
- Give your polish time to dry after your pedicure. While you may think your nails are dry after just a few minutes, it actually can take from 12 to 24 hours for many polishes to reach maximum hardness. Try to schedule your pedicure on a day when you have time to put your feet up and relax afterward.
- Avoid heat. Hot temperatures can cause polish to soften, especially soon after polish is applied. During the 12 or so hours after applying polish, avoid taking really hot showers or baths and stay out of the hot tub.
- Be careful when swimming. High levels of chlorine can cause polish to wear away more quickly, especially soon after applying it. Be careful when climbing steps or pool ladders to avoid scraping polish on concrete pool walls.
- Reapply top coat regularly. Top coat protects your polish, and after about 48 hours, it needs a refresher to maintain that protection. To keep your polish looking fresh, apply top coat every other day.
- Pamper your skin. Having a great coat of colorful polish is just one part of keeping your feet looking great all summer. Exposure to sun, water and even the air can leave your feet looking dry and cracked. Choose a pedicure provider that uses top-quality foot care products that deeply moisturize feet while also preventing fungal infections that are far more common during summer months thanks to an increase in pool use and going barefoot. Deep-penetrating products can also help relieve cracking, prevent painful calluses and keep your feet smooth and sexy.
- Stay healthy. Studies have revealed an alarming number of people wind up with foot infections when salons don’t sterilize their tools or follow other health and safety protocol. Infections can be especially dangerous for people with diabetes or circulatory issues. Keep your feet healthy by sticking with a top-rated salon, or better still, opt for a medical pedicure designed for safe, effective foot care you can feel confident about.
Learn more about medical pedicures in New York.
As a top-rated podiatrist in New York City, Dr. Archer offers state-of-the-art medical pedicures developed to help patients have beautiful, healthy feet without the risk of salon-associated infections. To learn more about medical pedicures and the complete line of Archer foot care products, call (646) 484-5185 and schedule your appointment today.